Friday, July 12, 2013

Rescue 9-1-Bridesmaid

As I mentioned before I am getting married.  Our big day is next May.  I have already selected my bridesmaids, however I think I made a mistake and I'm not sure how to fix it.  My Maid of Honor is my sister.  My other girls I have met in several different places.  One of them is my bestie from college.  Another girl I met at my first job in Houston and she has helped me through some pretty tough times.  Another is one I met while working my rodeo committee.  The last one is a girl I met at a game watching party.  Ok so three of my girls are some of my best friends.  They have helped me through a lot of shitty things.

The last girl, we instantly hit it off.  It was like a match made in Heaven, football Heaven that is.  We hung out every weekend and a few times during the week.  She was one of the only girls in Houston who actually understood my personality.  Then I met my boy.  However, I did not forget about my friend.  I still hung out with her maybe not as much as before but we hung out most weekend.  Slowly our friendship dwindled.  I would call her to hang out and she would have plans, which was fine, but it got to the point where she wouldn't call me back.  I would call a few weeks in advance and we would make plans and she would flake out.  Finally I realized it just wasn't worth it anymore. I know that's mean, but that's just how it is.  Her birthday came around and I celebrated with her.  That night became a disaster.  I am not one for drama but boy did we have drama.  Lots of words were exchanged.  It was the last night I spoke to her.

We went an entire year without speaking.  I thought about her here and there, but I was not going to be the first one to break the silence.  My pride gets in the way.  Finally, I break down and text her.  It was awkward in the beginning, but we agreed to meet up.  Our meeting turned out okay.  We hung out several times and I thought we were picking up where we left off.  However, it wasn't long after we started talking again that I got engaged.  I thought about asking her and tossed around reasons why I shouldn't.  But things were going so well that I decided to just do it.

Here we are 3 months after I asked and I don't hear from her.  I text her and try to hang out but we never meet up.  She claims she always has something to do.  She claims she is always studying.  Yes, I know school is important. I get that.  However, school is out so she has the time.  But I still haven't heard from her.  She showed up late to the one thing I asked her to be at...my dress shopping.  Y'all she showed up 20 minutes late. I had already tried on 3 dresses.  I mean I get an hour and half and I have to move pretty quick.  Plus that's a big deal for me!  I mean it's wedding dress shopping.  The day I have looked forward to forever!  To make it worse she lives right down the street! How the hell are you late for that day?  Sounds stupid to be upset about but that day meant a lot!

Now the question is what do I do?  Do I kick her out of the wedding? I mean I want people in the wedding who actually want to be part of it.  All my other bridesmaids are all about it. They are just as excited as I am.  What do I do? How does one handle this shit?  I don't know how I got myself into this mess!!!  Help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment