Monday, September 30, 2013

Life Happens

Clearly life has taken over!  I feel like I have no time to do anything I actually love to do.  If I could stay up later then I would have time to write, but this chick gets up at 4:30 to get ready for work.  So, if I'm not in bed by 9:30 watch out because tomorrow will be a rough day for all parties involved.

Things are crazy.  We still have some wedding planning that I am working on.  We have our engagement photos coming up in two weeks so I've been pinning away.  Yes, pinning takes precedence to writing...sorry! We put our house on the market.  HA!  Talk about a life experience.  My boo purchased a home about 4 years ago, he wanted an investment.  Smart right?  One would think!  We called the bank for his payoff before we decided to put the sign in our front yard.  We ran the numbers and we would get enough money to cover our closing cost on a new house.  The first few weeks we didn't have a single showing.  Annoying!  Once that sign goes up you have to have your casa cleaned at all times because you never know when you will get the call.  After lowering the price by $4,000 we started having calls.  Then someone offered full asking price for our house!   Wohoo!  I wanted to double check all of the numbers, so I called the bank and just like that our dreams of a new home were gone!  Apparently the ding dong I spoke with earlier did not know what he or she was doing.  They quoted us $20,000 less than what we owe!  OUCH!  We would barely break even!  We have the money in savings, however we do not want to deplete our savings account to purchase a new home.  We don't have a horrible house, we just have sketchy neighbors.  :)  In a matter of minutes our house was off the market, we had our dreams crushed and crushed those of some sweet couple ready to buy their first home!  I am now on project revamp the house!  I stopped because I thought we were moving!  I think it was God's way of telling us we weren't ready yet.  However, he needs to work on his timing.

On top of all that we have been traveling and working like crazy!  See life happened.  It sucks being a grown up!  I want to go back to the place where I had no 'real' responsibilities!  Or better yet be a stay at home mom to our four legged child!  Now we're talking!  What a life!

That's it for now kids!  I promise to come back soon!!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment