Sunday, March 9, 2014

Wedding Bliss Or Not

Ok so I am really going to try and keep this up!  I have promised myself I would start blogging and I do one or two and give up!  I give props to those who blog everyday or almost everyday!  You are a better woman than I!

Since I last wrote things have been on full blast.  We are getting married in less than 57 days!  Oh sh*t is right!  Sometimes I still can't believe it's happening.  We are pretty much done with all our wedding planning, thank goodness.  I always thought it would be the best process in the world, but let's be real there are times it blows!  He and I have had our moments.  I've had moment with my parents and his mom and sister. It's all been crazy.  Not what I expected at all.  Wedding planning is supposed to be fun.  People are supposed to get along and all is supposed to be great.  HA!  Bullshit!

From the moment we got engaged it was a struggle from the original date we set, to who my bridesmaids were.  Y'all it was intense.  Made me really sad we did not elope!  All this headache for no reason.  He and I began to feel guilty because we felt like we were making every one's life miserable.  Then the more I thought about it the more it really got me.  This is our time.  We get to be selfish.  This isn't about our parents, our siblings, or anyone else.  It's US!  People tend to make things about them when it's not really about them.  I have heard more times than I can count, don't forget your parents in all this.  We are doing the best we can to incorporate every one's wishes, but at the end of the day it's he and I up there starting OUR family.  We are branching out from our parents and starting a life together and we shouldn't feel bad about that.

People who write all these wonderful things about their wedding planning process are full of crap!  Sorry but they are.  It wasn't an easy process so let's not pretend it was.  Tell the truth.  Tell people you wanted to pull your hair out or call it all off.  No one will judge you because they've been there too!  No one has this easy, not even if you have a wedding planner.  Hell you probably wanted to kill him or her too.  We have all shed tears, ok lots of tears.  I've talked about eloping a hundred times and really tried to convince my boo to do it..thankfully he hasn't given in.  As hard as this process has been I know come that day it will be more than worth it.  Our wedding will be gorgeous.  We will start our family.  The flowers may not be perfect.  The songs may suck.  People may not dance.  The food may be awful but we will be MARRIED and in the end that is all that matters!

Let's leave this first one on the short side.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment